The Pytchley Golf Lodge opened this superb academy 9 hole golf course in 2000, and has now established itself as one of the finest pay and play courses in Northamptonshire. Designed by Roger Griffiths Associates of Rugby, the course will offer a challenge to both the experienced and novice golfers alike.
The course is a par 34 (for nine holes) and consists of one par 5, five par 4’s and three par 3’s, with a total distance of 2,574 yards.
Advanced 7 day booking is available to all via our online booking system which you can access here.
Please find details below about the new system:
• Tee times will continue to be available to everyone up to seven days in advance – they will be available from 7am in the morning
• You can still ring to book; from 8am during the week and 7am at the weekend
• All players will be limited to two tee times per booking
• If you would like to book for more than 8 players, you will be treated as a group booking and will need to ring up to book further tee times in a block or book up slots as a society
• To book a round (9holes) use the calendar to find the date, select a tee time and then add the number of players *please book as a VISITOR ignore member/guest options as they are not applicable to us.
• To book 18 holes, you will need to select 18 holes and it will automatically select a tee time for your back nine holes 2 hours later. We are currently working on being able to select your own back nine so it may be easier to book two 9 hole rounds instead if the times don’t align to what you need.
• All players must check in at reception where we will be continuing to take payment as normal (we are looking into taking payment online next year!)
Dress code is considered relaxed, although a dress standard is observed.
All greens are set to the high USGA standard to offer all year round playability.
Please click HERE for course risk assessment statement.
Hole 1 - Herons Nest
Best approach is between hedges but be mindful of small lake on the right and out of bounds by the Range on the left. Beware of small green.
White: 358 yds | Yellow: 314 yds | Red: 260 yds
Stroke Index: 7/8
Hole 2 - Logdil
Approach this hole from the left handside to follow lie of the land since fairway kicks right. Beware of small lake on the right and ditch to the left.
White: 318 yds | Yellow: 303 yds | Red: 268 yds
Stroke Index: 9/10
Hole 3 - The Settlement
Longest hole on the course with two fairway bunkers left and right. Small bunker on the right to catch your second shot and two further greenside bunkers.
White: 513 yds | Yellow: 513 yds | Red: 441 yds
Stroke Index: 5/6
Hole 4 - Paynes Close
Dog-leg right to the green with a fairway bunker on the left to catch too straight a shot and another on the right. Long hitters can go for the green but beware this drops away to a hedge behind the green.
White: 277 yds | Yellow: 277 yds | Red: 242 yds
Stroke Index: 13/15
Hole 5 - Range View
Best Approach is straight at the green but be mindful of the greenside bunkers to the left and right and the out of bounds to the far left and behind the green.
White: 158 yds | Yellow: 141 yds | Red: 125 yds
Stroke Index: 17/18
Hole 6 - Jobe's Corner
Aim straight at the green but you will need a good 150 yard carry to clear the ditch in the middle and hedges to the left and right. There are also fairway bunkers found to the left and right with a small bunker to the right to catch your second shot. Beware, too full a shot at the green could place you out of bounds in the hedge behind the green.
White: 382 yds | Yellow: 323 yds | Red: 290 yds
Stroke Index: 1/2
Hole 7 - Sand Pit
Longest par 3 on the course with a two tier green with greenside bunkers to the left and right. Set in the top corner of the golf course, this hole plays longer than you think.
White: 180 yds | Yellow: 180 yds | Red: 148 yds
Stroke Index: 11/12
Hole 8 - Dobbies Barn
Longest Par 4 on the course. You can aim straight at the green but there are fairway bunkers left and right. Once past the bunkers, keep left as the fairway slopes downhill right and a large bunker guards the lower left side of the green.
White: 408 yds | Yellow: 361 yds | Red: 318 yds
Stroke Index: 3/4
Hole 9 - The Lodge
With the longest green on the course your choice of club will be dependent on the pin position. Beware of the bunker to the left and out of bounds towards the back right.
White: 162 yds | Yellow: 162 yds | Red: 130 yds
Stroke Index: 15/16