Qualifying Competitions 2020
We are pleased to be able to restart our qualifying competitions for 2020, please see below for dates and information regarding rules adjustments.
Guidance on Rules adjustments for Qualifying Scores During the COVID-19 Restrictions
Holes: If clubs have made the decision to modify the depth of the hole to allow players to remove the ball without touching the flagstick, scores will be acceptable for either competition or supplementary score purposes. In such cases, the ball is considered holed even if not lodged against the flagstick.
However, in line with R&A advice, if any of the following provisions are used, play is not in accordance with the Rules of Golf and any scores submitted would not be qualifying for handicap purposes:
- Treating a ball as holed or holed with the next stroke if it is within a certain distance of the hole.
- Having the hole liner sitting above the surface of the green and treating a ball as holed if it strikes the liner.
- treating a ball as holed when it has bounced out of the hole for any reason (for example, when it has bounced off the flagstick, a tray attached to the flagstick or the hole liner)
Flagsticks: Clubs may decide to use any of the following policies temporarily. Scores returned when using such policies will be acceptable for either competition or supplementary score purposes. Allowable policies are:
- Require that players leave the flagstick in the hole at all times.
- Not have flagsticks at all.
- As a temporary provision, flagsticks can be used for the purpose of player safety which do not meet the specifications in Part 8 of the Equipment Rules.
- Allow players to centre the flag in a safe manner which does not involve using the hand, even when wearing a glove or using a towel (for example, by using a club).
- The centring of the flagstick may bee allowed while another player putts (this may be desirable in windy conditions when the flagstick is required to be left in the hole and is leaning towards the player making the stroke).
Bunkers: If clubs introduce a Local Rule to allow preferred lies in bunkers, scores will be acceptable for competition or supplementary score purposes.
These temporary provisions are applicable until further notice.
Medal - 18th, 19th, 20th
Stableford - 25th, 26th, 27th
Medal - 8th, 9th, 10th
Stableford - 22nd, 23rd, 24th
Medal - 5th, 6th, 7th
Stableford - 19th, 20th, 21st
Medal - 26th, 27th, 28th
Please inform the bar staff if you are playing in the competitions as you will need a competition scorecard. Please submit scorecards in the reception drop after your round.
Holes: The hole depths have been modified to allow players to remove the ball without touching the flagstick. The ball is considered holed if ANY part of the ball is below the surface of the putting green, even if not lodged against the flagstick.
Flagsticks: Players must leave the flagsticks in AT ALL TIMES.
Bunkers: Local Rule - Preferred Lies in all bunkers.